The Artist, Emeka Nwagbara is a Nigerian Contemporary Artist whose passion for the Art fuelled his transition from paid employment to full-time studio practice.
His career as a full-time professional Artist was established officially in 2005 when he commenced full-time studio practice. A multimedia artist, Nwagbara works in oil, pastel, pencil and charcoal and most recently acrylic. He has indeed proven that art is a career choice that requires latent talent and continuous development of skills. Nwagbara has over the course of his career painted representational works, and during these periods has taken the opportunity to exhibit his burning desire in expressionist paintings, which sometimes are totally abstract.
Emeka’s restlessness to paint his desire has taken him on a journey that coincides with the cheering reviews on his present paintings -expressionism/abstract. Nwagbara has been engaged in a number of high profile art projects and Art Commissions. His works have been exhibited in several group shows nationally and most recently in California, USA.
Emeka is a member of The Society of Nigerian Artist (SNA). He is a drawing and painting instructor and his works are highly sort after in the area of Pictorial Composition, Portraiture, and most recently expressive paintings.
Past Exhibitions Featured
- June 2019 "GENERATIONS 3" - the future masters series held at Mydrim Gallery, S/W, Ikoyi – Lagos.
- March 2019 “Color Perspectives: Differences Shine Alike III” By ASG, 4149 FAIRWAY BLVD.
- LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 90043 USA.
- Dec. 2018 Art Market, a group Exhibition by UBUNTU at Bo Concept, Adetokunbo Ademola,
- Victoria Island - Lagos
- June 2018 "GENERATIONS II" - the future masters series held at Mydrim Gallery, S/W, Ikoyi – Lagos.
- Feb. 2018 “FUSION” – an exhibition of paintings and sculpture – Ikoyi, Lagos.
- June 2017 "GENERATIONS" - the future masters series held at Mydrim Gallery, S/W, Ikoyi – Lagos.
- May 2017 Afri-can Contemporary Art - "Presentation 001", Los Angeles, 2404Wilshire Boulevard, USA.
- Feb 2017 Manuscript, an exhibition of drawings, held at Omenka opp Gallery, Ikoyi - Lagos.
- Dec. 2015 15th Annual Pastel Exhibition, held at Mydrim Gallery, S/W, Ikoyi – Lagos.
- Oct. 2015 Oreze III (The King’s Crowd), an exhibition of Paintings and Sculpture in honour of His Royal Majesty, Nnaemeka Alfred Ugochukwu Achebe, CFR, Mni, Obi of Onitsha, - Inland Town, Onitsha.
- July 2015 Ebola Art Exhibition, during the Ebola Recovery Conference, United Nations – New York, organised by Kamba Art Gallery, London – UK.
- June 2015 Art Exhibition / Auction during the International Conference on Disability, held at Civic Centre, Victoria Island – Lagos.
- April 2015 Lagos Art Auction 2015, organised by TKMG TerraKulture / Mydrim Gallery, held in Victoria Island Lagos
- Nov. 2014 14th Annual Pastel Exhibition, held at Mydrim Gallery, Ikoyi – Lagos
- Oct. 2014 Oreze II (The King’s Crowd), an exhibition of Paintings and Sculpture in honour of His Royal Majesty, Nnaemeka Alfred Ugochukwu Achebe, CFR, Mni, Obi of Onitsha, held Anambra State.
- Oct. 2014 Ero Repete Lojude Oba (Crowd at the King’s Frontage), an exhibition of Paintings, Sculpture and Ceramic in honour of Oba (Dr.) Sikiru Kayode Adetona (Awujale of Ijebuland), held in Ogun State.
- May 2014 Nuggets, exhibition of Paintings, Drawings and Sculpture held at Mydrim Gallery, Ikoyi - Lagos.
- Feb. 2014 Cupid, group exhibition of Paintings and Sculpture held at Alexis Gallery, Victoria Island- Lagos.